For a number of reasons, I have been consider the possibility of a ladiesbigbang
short round and wanted to present the idea to all of you to hear your thoughts.
The short round would work like this:
- Sign-ups: October 12-19th [nonmandatory, anyone who sends us a link by Dec 1 may participate]
- Complement claiming: October 20th
- Posting date: December 1st
How this would be different from a regular round:
- No official assignments/checking in: We would not do any official assigning of betas or cheerleaders and there will no official checkins, though we will be doing soundoff posts over at ladiesbigbangchat. We will create posts where you can solicit help, and we may utilize the pinch hit list.
- No individual posting of projects: Instead, we will post a project index on December 2nd linking directly to projects; by December 1st (or up to four days earlier), creators will post their projects in their own space and then email us their links.
- Earlier matching of complementers: Because this round would be short and we want complementers to have as much lead time as possible, we will be matching you up right after signups end.
This round would be ideal for those who signed up during the regular round and were not able to complete their projects, but it would also be ideal for those who prefer shorter timelines in which to complete work -- we would not be requiring that someone participated in the regular round to participate for this one. Anyone would be eligible to participate.
We understand that those who participated in the regular round worked very hard to turn in their projects by the due date, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel we were giving an unfair extension. We hope that the fact that no one knew this possibility would exist, and the modifications to the challenge structure would help mitigate this factor.
That said, we will go with whatever the majority of the community prefers, keeping in mind that this would be a test run of such a round and there's no guarantee we would do it again in the future.
This poll is anonymous.
Open to: Registered Users, detailed results viewable to: All, participants: 35